Features and Beneifts
- No Lead Design water system is free of lead-containing brass parts.
- Barrier-Free ADA Design meets adult or child ADA standards when properly installed.
- Rated For Indoor And Outdoor Service for ultimate versatility.
- Vandal-Resistant Bubbler chrome-plated, one-piece design.
- Vandal-Resistant, Single-Action Mechanical Pushbutton is self-closing and does not require grasping or twisting.
- Pinned Torx Screws are vandal-resistant.
- Stream Height Regulator can be adjusted through hole in pushbutton, and provides constant stream from 20 to 105 psi.
- Durable Satin Finish Stainless Steel Cabinet standard.
- Resists Stains And Corrosion for years of service.
- Ideal For Schools and other heavy-use installations.
The Elkay VRC8S Water Coolers comply with the requirements of A.D.A. (Americans with Disabilities Act) when properly installed. Also meets the guidelines for children’s environments providing the floor to orifice height is 30” or less and proper clear floor space is provided for parallel approach. (Based on Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board final ruling.) Check Local and State Codes.
No Lead Design
The Elkay VRC8S Water Coolers are certified to be lead-free as defined by the Safe Drinking Water Act. Elkay Water Coolers are manufactured with a waterway system utilizing copper components and completely lead-free materials. These waterways have no lead because all lead materials, such as leaded brass, have been removed. All joints are brazed using silver solder only. No lead solder is permitted. A strainer with an easily cleanable screen is provided to allow trapping and convenient removal of waterborne particulate of 140 microns and larger prior to their entry into the water cooler. The Elkay VRC8S water coolers are certified to NSF/ANSI 61.
- Motor Compressor: Hermetically sealed, reciprocating type, 120 Volt/60 Hz, single phase or 220-240 Volt/50 Hz or 60 Hz, two phase. Sealed-in lifetime oil supply. Equipped with electric cord and three prong molded rubber plug.
- Condenser: Fan cooled, copper tube with aluminum fins. Fan motor is permanently lubricated.
- Cooling Unit: Combination tube-tank type. Tube portion is continuous coil of copper tubing. Fully insulated with EPS foam which meets Underwriters Laboratories Inc. requirements for self extinguishing material.
- Refrigerant Control: Refrigerant HFC-134a is controlled by accurately calibrated capillary tube for positively trouble-free operation.
- Temperature Control: Enclosed adjustable thermostat is factory preset. Requires no adjustment other than for altitude requirements. Easily accessible.
- Frame: Galvanized structural steel chassis supports fountain top and cabinet panels.
- Fountain Top: Series 300 one piece stainless steel top, polished to a uniform Elkay bright luster finish. Basin has embossed bubbler pad.
- Vandal-Resistant Bubbler: Heavy duty, one piece construction. Keyed into position to prevent rotation. Meets UL requirements and all sanitary codes.
- Cabinet: Cabinet design allows for flush to wall mounting. No recess space is required. Includes bottom cover plate fastened with vandal-resistant screws.
- Color Selection: Stainless steel furnished as standard.
5 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY on the refrigeration system of the unit. Electrical components and water system are warranted for 12 months from date of installation. Sample Certificate available on request.
Elkay Pressure-Type Water Coolers are designed to operate on 20 psi to 105 psi supply line pressure. If inlet pressure is above 105 psi, a pressure regulator must be installed in the supply line. Any damage caused by reason of connecting this product to supply line pressures lower than 20 psi or higher than 105 psi is not covered by the warranty.