- Wall hung electric refrigerated water cooler
- Chilling capacity of 50°F drinking water, based upon 80°F inlet water and 90°F ambient.
The Elkay EZS8S Water Coolers comply with the requirements of A.D.A. (Americans with Disabilities Act) when properly installed. The water cooler is compliant if installed in an alcove and is also compliant when mounted on an exposed wall if a wing wall is located on the left side or if LKAPREZL apron is installed under upper unit. Also meets the guidelines for children’s environments providing the floor to orifice height is 30” or less on the lower unit and proper clear floor space is provided for parallel approach. (Based on Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board final ruling.) Check Local and State Codes.
No Lead Design
The Elkay EZS8S Water Coolers are certified to be lead-free as defined by the Safe Drinking Water Act. Elkay Water Coolers are manufactured with a waterway system utilizing copper components and completely lead-free materials. These waterways have no lead because all lead materials, such as leaded brass, have been removed. All joints are brazed using silver solder only. No lead solder is permitted. A strainer with an easily cleanable screen is provided to allow trapping and convenient removal of waterborne particulate of 140 microns and larger prior to their entry into the water cooler. These water coolers are certified to ANSI/NSF61.
- Motor Compressor: Hermetically sealed, reciprocating type, 115VAC, 60Hz single phase. Sealed-in lifetime oil supply. Equipped with electric cord and three prong molded rubber plug (domestic models).
- Condenser: Fan cooled, copper tube with aluminum fins. Fan motor is permanently lubricated.
- Cooling Unit: Combination tube-tank type. Tube portion is continuous coil of copper tubing. Tank is stainless steel. Fully insulated with EPS foam which meets Underwriters Laboratories Inc. requirements for self-extinguishing material.
- Refrigerant Control: Refrigerant HFC-134a is controlled by accurately calibrated capillary tube for positively trouble-free operation.
- Temperature Control: Enclosed adjustable thermostat is factory preset. Requires no adjustment other than for altitude requirements. Easily accessible.
- Frame: Galvanized structural steel chassis supports refrigeration system and fastens to wall. Provides increased structural integrity and rigidity to cooler.
- Stainless Steel Basin: Type 304, one piece polished to a uniform Elkay bright luster finish. Basin has integral drain grid, embossed bubbler pad. No exposed fasteners.
- Exclusive Flexi-Guard Safety Bubbler: Innovative design utilizes an infused anti-microbial pliable polyester elastomer to prevent accidental mouth injuries. Flexes on impact, then returns to original position. Strong. Abrasion-resistant. Anti-sweat. Keyed in location to prevent rotation.
- Upper Shroud: Contoured shock-absorbing, provides additional protection against accidental injury. No exposed fasteners.
- Lower Shroud: One piece easy to remove and replace. Allows access to internal components from three sides.
- Cabinet: Cabinet design allows for flush to wall mounting. No recess space is required.
- Color Selection: Unless otherwise specified cabinet is two-tone gray upper shroud with textured gray lower shroud. Stainless Steel lower shrouds available at extra cost.