The *EZ Series* is Elkay’s most popular drinking fountain line. The series has a barrier-free ADA design that meets both adult and child standards. Easy-touch controls are used for simple operation and increased durability.
h3. ADA Compliant
The Elkay LZOSTL8C Water Cooler complies with the requirements of A.D.A. (Americans with Disabilities Act) when properly installed. Unit is compliant if installed in an alcove and is also compliant when mounted on an exposed wall if a wing wall is located on the left side or if LKAPREZL apron is installed under upper unit. Also meets the guidelines for children's environments providing the floor to orifice height is 30" or less on the lower unit and proper clear floor space is provided for parallel approach. (Based on Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board final ruling.) Check Local and State Codes.
h3. No Lead Design
The Elkay LZO8 Water Cooler is certified to be lead-free as defined by the Safe Drinking Water Act. Elkay Water Coolers are manufactured with a waterway system utilizing copper components and completely lead-free materials. These waterways have no lead because all lead materials, such as leaded brass, have been removed. All joints are brazed using silver solder only. No lead solder is permitted. A strainer with an easily cleanable screen is provided to allow trapping and convenient removal of waterborne particulate of 140 microns and larger prior to their entry into the water cooler. The LZOSTL8C water cooler is certified to NSF/ANSI 61.
h3. WATERSENTRY® VII Filter System
The Elkay LZOSTL8C Water Coolers are equipped with the WaterSentry VII Filter System, which is tested and certified by NSF International. The WaterSentry VII Filter System reduces cysts such as cryptosporidium and giardia by 99.99%. Tested to NSF/ANSI Standard 53 yields a reduction of soluble and insoluble lead content to less than 0.015mg/l. This translates to lead reduction levels of 93% to 99%. Class 1 particulate reduction as tested per NSF/ANSI 42. Removes over 97.5% of free available chlorine which provides Class 1 performance as tested to NSF/ANSI 42. Provides taste and odor improvement.
h3. Filter Monitor
Filter Monitor records water usage and advises users when filter needs changing. The three light system Green (filter below 80% of capacity) Yellow (80% to 90% of capacity and Red (Filter needs to be replaced) helps maintain that user always has the best filtered water available to them.
h3. Cooling System
* *Motor Compressor:* Hermetically sealed, reciprocating type, 115V, 60 Hz single phase. Sealed-in lifetime oil supply. Equipped with electric cord and three prong molded rubber plug (domestic models).
* *Condenser:* Fan cooled, copper tube with aluminum fins. Fan motor is permanently lubricated.
* *Cooling Unit:* Combination tube-tank type. Self cleansing. Tube portion is continuous coil of copper tubing. Tank is stainless steel. Fully insulated with EPS foam which meets Underwriters Laboratories Inc. requirements for self-extinguishing material.
* *Refrigerant Control:* Refrigerant HFC-134a is controlled by accurately calibrated capillary tube for positively trouble-free operation.
* *Temperature Control:* Enclosed adjustable thermostat is factory preset. Requires no adjustment other than for altitude requirements. Easily accessible.
* *Electronic Sensor Hands-Free® Operation:* On-off solenoid valve is actuated by an infrared light beam sensor. When light beam is interrupted by subject in front of cooler desiring a drink, the sensor actuates the solenoid valve which then opens to allow water flow. No physical contact with cooler is required. A built in time delay is provided to prevent actuation by persons moving past cooler. There is a maximum running time of 30 seconds to prevent malicious damage to the cooler or water damage if sensor vision is blocked. Unit automatically resets when blockage is removed. Sensor range is adjustable.
* *Frame:* Galvanized structural steel chassis supports refrigeration system and fastens to wall. Provides increased structural integrity and rigidity to cooler.
* *Stainless Steel Basin:* One piece polished to a uniform Elkay bright luster finish. Basin has integral drain grid, embossed bubbler pad. No exposed fasteners.
* *Exclusive Flexi-Guard® Safety Bubbler*:* Innovative design utilizes an infused anti-microbial pliable polyester elastomer to prevent accidental mouth injuries. Flexes on impact, then returns to original position. Strong. Abrasion-resistant. Anti-sweat. Keyed in location to prevent rotation.
* *Upper Shroud:* Contoured shock-absorbing, provides additional protection against accidental injury. No exposed fasteners.
* *Lower Shroud:* One piece easy to remove and replace. Allows access to internal components from three sides.
* *Cabinet:* Cabinet design allows for flush to wall mounting. No recess space is required.
* *Color Selection:* Unless otherwise specified cabinet is two-tone gray on upper shroud with textured gray lower shroud. Stainless Steel lower shroud available at extra cost.
*5 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY* on the refrigeration system of the unit. Electrical components and water system are warranted for 12 months from date of installation. Sample Certificate available on request.
Elkay Pressure-Type Water Coolers are designed to operate on 20 psi to 105 psi supply line pressure. If inlet pressure is above 105 psi, a pressure regulator must be installed in the supply line. Any damage caused by reason of connecting this product to supply line pressures lower than 20 psi or higher than 105 psi is not covered by the warranty.
Minimum 40 psi supply line pressure required in special circumstances where both sides of bi-level are in use simultaneously to ensure adequate stream height. Does not apply to non-refrigerated units. This model cooler consists of a refrigerated lower unit which requires a water supply, drain outlet and electrical supply. Stainless steel unit is also available.